November 9, 2010

glasses.

A couple of weeks ago I took Wesley to the Ophthalmologist and he was diagnosed with Accommodative Esotropia and given a strong prescription for glasses. Poor guy, without glasses he's almost blind!

This morning he had an appointment to get his glasses and the entire family was excited. But, I think the happiest of us all was Wes.

There's a whole new world out there.

One that he can finally see.

14 comments:

Jenna said...

very cute!

Mark Beckstrom said...

Handsome just like all the glasses wearing Beckstroms

Emily said...

Look at that handsome little dude! How did you realize he couldn't see?? That's so weird that you didn't know before now, but I honestly don't think I would recognize it in my kid. You know, 'cause he's always running into things that are right in front of his face.

lynette said...

emily- at first i noticed that one of wesley's eye would drift inward for a second or two when he was tired and then after a couple of weeks i would notice it during the day too. as time went on, he would cover one of his eyes to stop it from crossing when he would watch tv. by then, i'd already scheduled an appt. with the dr. and i just knew something was wrong.

Austin said...

His eyes are HUGE! I LOVE it! Just when you think "how can we make him look more like younger Ammon?" you get him glasses! brilliant!

glad he can see. And now, for your reading pleasure, my favorite quote from Proust (one of 2 that I know)

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but having new eyes."

congrats to Wes getting his new eyes!

Angie said...

He is such a stud with his new glasses. Is he pretty good about wearing them?

Mike's little sister was pretty much blind until she was 5 and their parents took her in to get checked. She came home that day and proclaimed, they are little pokie things in the grass! The "pokie" things actually being the grass. We all laugh about it now.

You're a great mom to take notice to the little cues and making the appointment when you did. Hugs, A

allegra said...

i honestly think kids in glasses are SO dang cute. he is adorable. and this photo is absolutely beautiful. your photos are so pretty!

the rug was an overstock.com score. they only had a couple before they sold out but that was while ago..who knows, they could have more. i would check.:)

allegra said...

p.s lexie is stunning. and really? i love all your names. they were all on my list of girl names... love grace and carly!

pieface said...

HE LOOKS SO HANDSOME IN THOSE GLASSES. Very Clark Kent. I've always had a thing for guys in glasses.

Heidi said...

Wow! What a cute boy! So glad he can see now!

JanB said...

Could he BE any handsomer?

Anonymous said...

When he first started wearing the glasses did he have a hard time adjusting or was it like wow look what i can see? He is so handsome in his glasses. M 3yr old grNdaughter just got diagnosed and gets her glasses in abt a week sge chise pink n ourple barbie ones that she loves. Thanks so much

lynette said...

Dear Anonymous,

No, he didn't have a hard time adjusting. He wore (and still wears) his glasses night and day. Some nights, I have to remove them long after he's asleep.

I'm so glad they were able to diagnose your granddaughter at such a young age--the sooner the better!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Two months ago we found out my 3 year old has AE. I have sooo many questions.... how long has your boy had it and when he takes his glasses off do his eyes still cross? I am just scared for summer... we have several trips planned... costa rica, mexico and Spain and we will be in the water...and it hurts me to see her eye cross... and I am afraid others will make fun or tease her...
THank you in advance. Please e-mail me when you can. missyolandita@hotmail.com